Buffalo Harbor Walleye

There has been a good walleye daytime bite in the Buffalo Harbor,South Gap & North Gap.Bottom bouncing Mack's Vivid Purple harness with crawlers with 4 ounce wire weight rig at 1.2 to 1.3 mph using electric trolling motor.Why are the walleyes in the harbor,a little less water visibility then out in Lake Erie and water temp is 62 degrees pulling in bait fish,out in the lake I had 67 degree surface water temp.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Today even though there were many walleye boats in the North Gap of the Buffalo Harbor bottom bouncing,most were catching 14" eyes.Trolling up the Buffalo River for muskies I noticed in the more brown stained waters that there were lots of bigger walleye hooks.Water in the harbor had to be gin clear to 25 ft.

• Like 1

Today even though there were many walleye boats in the North Gap of the Buffalo Harbor bottom bouncing,most were catching 14" eyes.Trolling up the Buffalo River for muskies I noticed in the more brown stained waters that there were lots of bigger walleye hooks.Water in the harbor had to be gin clear to 25 ft.

Running the Buffalo Pedal Tour Boat up the Buffalo River to 2nd railroad bridge near Tesla,marking walleyes stacked on top of each other all over along the way.Also many big hooks that are marking more like muskies ,then carp.Next time out with fishing boat I will work different sections of the Buffalo River and report back here.Looks like those 4 years of stocking walleye in Buffalo River did take hold.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics