Cattaragus

I fished a solo trip out of the Catt yesterday and took a limit of walleye in 55 - 65 fow.. probably just as many shorts.  3 on harnesses and 3 on spoons, wire divers and riggers....... but the junk fish on the worms were relentless....... 1.8 mph. Lots of fish on the screen, but many schools of silver bass and/or white perch too. I had some time to perch fish after, and found a group of cooperative fish in 58 fow....... a little wet at times, but a great day to be out. 

Good perch bite out front in 51fow, got a late start but bite was on and off til noon. This event happening at sunset bay (starting at 11am) has got everyone from the thruway down to Napa on high alert with no parking/will be towed signs and yellow caution tape. By the looks of it, it’s gonna be a sh/t show if Jim Whites cleared his entire lot to charge for parking 

We hit the Catt Friday morning 6/29.  Spent the first hour and a half looking around from 55 fow out to 80fow.  Didn't find anything we wanted to set up on.  Cruised back in and set up around the perch guys in 50 - 60 fow.  Managed 1 8lb eye on 5 color and a couple perch off the riggers.  Had baits high and deep in the water column but nada.  Prob should of stayed closer to Buffalo. 

Fished solo out of the Catt this AM . Limited by 8:30 with one 31" 9.5 lbs. Other 5 were 19-22" . All on harnesses ,4 color on planer boards ,6 & 7 colors off the back.

55-60' fow .  Didn't mark alot but most marks were on bottom or 45'

Edited by WJCOBB
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, WJCOBB said:

Fished solo out of the Catt this AM . Limited by 8:30 with one 31" 9.5 lbs. Other 5 were 19-22" . All on harnesses ,4 color on planer boards ,6 & 7 colors off the back.

55-60' fow .  Didn't mark alot but most marks were on bottom or 45'

Thanks for the report.

• Like 1

out of the Catt this AM 7-11: 30  . Got 7 keepers ,3 shorts , and 6 silver bass, 1 big perch. 2 biggest eyes were both 27" 5.75 lbs. The rest were 17-21". most were caught on 6 colors and copper-watermelon harnesses. Around 10:30 silver bass started hitting and ran me off the lake.  55-65 fow

Edited by WJCOBB
more info
  • Like 2

Went out of the catt yesterday. Fished solo, took a bit to find the fish, but had a triple on when I did, lost one but got two nice 20" eyes, ended up with a couple 17"ers, 3 20"ers and a 16". Most fish cam on 7 color with orange and gold hatchet blade harness, a couple on a black Colorado blade harness on 5 color and one on plug. All fish were high in the water column in 70 fow.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Fished off Evangola in 80-84’ water with seamaster. 2 man limit at 1:00-10 color and 7 did most. 5 color also/ all sticks- silver rainbow ranosky and bomber-brown top orange bottom- cream body. Many throw backs. Took awhile to find them- good picture

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• Like 2

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics