Cattaragus

12 fish out of the Catt today in 80 FOW +. Literally everything took fish ..... sticks off a 7 and 9 colors, spoons off divers, and harnesses off the riggers....... very nice day and great fishing. one 26" fish, and the rest were the the '13 and '14 year class fish........

Fished solo out of Catt yesterday , 6 keepers 17-21" in 65-70 fow.  Most were caught on 6 color lc  straight back , couple on 3 color behind boards.  black/purple harnesses was hot color. several shorts and a few sheephead also of downriggers at 60'

• Like 2

Fished  Catt Tuesday in 50 fow. Got 3 in half an hour then the rain came hard and we ran when lighting hit the lake. 

Lighting strike appeared to off Stugeon, close to the Canadian line. I think there was a reported water spout down closer to Pa. South wind.

One fish on down rigger, one on large dipsey, set on 3, 100 feet back.  Third fish on 20 foot jet, 200 feet back on big boards.

All 3 on worm harnesses.

I knew if I followed youngbloods advice it would be a good day, and it was.  A little shorter on the dipsey at 150 but the same depth of water. Lead core went at 7-8 color and wire diver was out 100'.   I did not bother with the riggers today. Just a little too sporty out there.

Edited by Pequod1

Fished this morning out of the Catt. boxed 10 from 6:30- 10:00 and then it seemed liked someone flipped the switch and it shut down for us.  7 and 8 core was best  with a rainbow renosky and dipsy's out 100 on a number 3 setting, could not get the downrggers to fire today, we have had much success in the past with the riggers.

Fished this morning out of the Catt. boxed 10 from 6:30- 10:00 and then it seemed liked someone flipped the switch and it shut down for us.  7 and 8 core was best  with a rainbow renosky and dipsy's out 100 on a number 3 setting, could not get the downrggers to fire today, we have had much success in the past with the riggers.

We ran out dipseys 175 back on the 3 setting with harnesses they did well
#1 setting at 90 and 105
Took 16 threw back 8 more between the cat and stergeon

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Pequod1 said:

Wow, what a day. We had doubles and triples out there. Never slowed down. 75' straight out, 50' down.  We were finished at 10:30 and looked for perch. Couldn't find any. 

I was out Sunday NW of Sturgeon in 65 fow and saw big schools of perch. We caught 9 perch on dipsey’s and rigger’s along with our limit of eye’s

• 2 weeks later...

Catt has been on fire 70-80 ft anywhere from Dunkirk side to sturgeon pt side. Leadcore 9- 10 colors and Dipsy straight down. Limited out by myself in 45 min after I put my kid in school from 930-1015. Back home by 11. Lot of boats out there too. Looked like everyone was getting fish in the same area. Perfect eaters 18-24”

6ED746B8-83A3-4829-A274-676BD4496074.jpeg

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics