Cattaragus

Agreed with the band forecast but we did do very well out there this morning same setup as you 65 to 75 feet of water and I'm going kind of North and South did better on the North Pole but I just couldn't take the waves no more I called off tomorrow's trip it's killing me. Try the app call Wendy. Calm it's red with white switches I could try to send a link but I'm not great at that stuff. And then I come up with my own wave forecast due to whatever the app shows for wind direction and speed NOAA is always wrong they always underestimate

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

Joe I have the Windy App. I didn't check what it said for yesterday, Everytime I use it there are 3 banners for my saved spits and only one is visible, the other two are always hidden behind the first.

Agreed with the band forecast but we did do very well out there this morning same setup as you 65 to 75 feet of water and I'm going kind of North and South did better on the North Pole but I just couldn't take the waves no more I called off tomorrow's trip it's killing me. Try the app call Wendy. Calm it's red with white switches I could try to send a link but I'm not great at that stuff. And then I come up with my own wave forecast due to whatever the app shows for wind direction and speed NOAA is always wrong they always underestimate

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

I get a kick from all you guys. Dipseys, lead core, wire. All of you must be meat fishermen. There is no fight using all of the above. It’s like bringing in a boot. I enjoy bottom bouncing with with a light medium action spinning rod feeling the fight. And I’ll out fish those with the heavy weight equipment. Have have enough walleye in my freezer. Was out today, stopped at six then fish for perch with my seven foot micro rod. Ended up with 2 dozen. Could have caught a lot more. Bite was heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App
All effective methods. As long as everyone enjoys what they do, its all good.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 2

Fished Monday morning in 70 to 75 fow and almost did our limit with worm harnesses. All colors worked but most fish came against the wind when the troll speed was about 1 mph, with the wind it was 1.75. All were 20 inches and under, some boats  at the launch said they had some big ones. I would love to bottom bounce 70 fow with rod in hand  but don't know how that can happen.  I have done 50 with some luck. As for the wind I also check the Port Colborne bouy     https://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=45142        

• Like 1

Today, we fished slightly East of the Catt in 64 - 78 fow and took a 2 man limit, but it was mostly chicken wing Warrior spoons off the wire divers for us today.  When the wind died, it got tough, and took 90 minutes to get the final 2.  There were fewer marks than  a week ago, in pretty much the same water...... We took a few on harnesses on the riggers, but they didn't produce for me today like they have all season.  1.8 on the Depth Raider seemed to be fine. I don't think we saw a mark above 55 ft. We also went through a group of 13 - 14" fish that snapped up everything............. good to see a some fish from a different year class than we have been catching all summer......

• Like 2

Not sure if the wind and waves will make too much of a difference with the walleyes being so deep and that there are so many walleyes in the eastern basin right now...we went to Dunkirk Monday for a change of scenery and the screen was loaded there ..quick double limit running harnesses  60 feet down to the bottom in 77-86 f o w and yesterday we launched at the catt with same results..lots of bait balls in both spots and many of the fish we boated were barfing up small bait fish..looked like emerald shiners and a few shad mixed in ..D E C  was at Dunkirk Monday asking the usual questions..how many..how big..how long did you fish..did you release anything and the DEC guy said it's been the best walleye bite in over 25 years..I thought last year was pretty good too and he said this year was way better. 

Not sure if the wind and waves will make too much of a difference with the walleyes being so deep and that there are so many walleyes in the eastern basin right now...we went to Dunkirk Monday for a change of scenery and the screen was loaded there ..quick double limit running harnesses  60 feet down to the bottom in 77-86 f o w and yesterday we launched at the catt with same results..lots of bait balls in both spots and many of the fish we boated were barfing up small bait fish..looked like emerald shiners and a few shad mixed in ..D E C  was at Dunkirk Monday asking the usual questions..how many..how big..how long did you fish..did you release anything and the DEC guy said it's been the best walleye bite in over 25 years..I thought last year was pretty good too and he said this year was way better. 

The bite has been good I think the weather this year was windier compared to last year keeping more people on shore, just the way it has seemed to me, although I have to work all week and can only fish weekends for the most part and possibly it has been just the weekends that have pretty much sucked crap all summer. A few days I took off work were solely based on lack of wind to at least get out and fish some calm days during tbe week. Let us hope this continued fishery successs lasts. If wind turbines get placed in the lake we are all screwed over for fishing, pollution in our drinking water and no boating zones.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United
  • Like 1

2 man limit straight out off the Catt, wind was out of the SE later swinging around out of the NE. Best area was between 78-84 fow. Sticks were not working for us, all fish caught on harnesses. Fish were suspended between 50-60', did not see much on the bottom.  Riggers caught 2/3 of the fish, dipsys on 2 setting at 90 took a couple. Lots of boats in the area, surprised there are not more reports. With that being said, I did talk to another fisherman at the marina who said he limited also.

• Like 2

2 man limit straight out off the Catt, wind was out of the SE later swinging around out of the NE. Best area was between 78-84 fow. Sticks were not working for us, all fish caught on harnesses. Fish were suspended between 50-60', did not see much on the bottom.  Riggers caught 2/3 of the fish, dipsys on 2 setting at 90 took a couple. Lots of boats in the area, surprised there are not more reports. With that being said, I did talk to another fisherman at the marina who said he limited also.

Thanks for the report, we will be getting out Friday and Saturday, glad the fish have not moved too much.

Nice morning out of the catt.  Looks like nobody wants to put their boats away just yet ..best walleye bite I've seen in the 32 years I have been fishing Erie ..ya they aren't all slobs but there are lots of different age class fish and that is a good thing..might have to postpone the first couple weeks of bow season

• Like 2

Nice morning out of the catt.  Looks like nobody wants to put their boats away just yet ..best walleye bite I've seen in the 32 years I have been fishing Erie ..ya they aren't all slobs but there are lots of different age class fish and that is a good thing..might have to postpone the first couple weeks of bow season

Yup we did real well too, boxed out both days, if it stays this warm who wants to sit in the stand, the deer will be bedding down all day anyhow till it cools off more, so I will be waiting until after the 15th to get in the woods. Just going to keep on checking the trail cams and target shooting. Might as well keep enjoying the fishing in the meantime!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, nauticalnuge said:

X2 today

A beautiful day on the lake today. We fished in the 70 to 85 FOW about 6-miles west of the mouth and took 10, all off of harnesses (red was the winner, although pink, gold and watermelon had their share). All of the fish were in the 20 to 23" range with one 27"; 6.5-lb'r. Most of the marks were in the 55-70 ft range and we used 5-8 ounces of lead to reach them, on hand helds, and a downrigger - with the flutter technique to round it out. Lost a few more behind the boat and buried a hook in my finger too, could't ask for much more! If we get another weekend, or two, it will be a bonus! Thanks all for your posts and tips, they really do help!

• Like 2

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics