Cattaragus

I fished the catt on the 24 th in 80 to 90 foot of water with sticks and spoons got a 4 man limit by 10:30 in the morning.Went to the same area today with the same program with just 2 off us had our limit by 8:15.We pulled in the walleye gear and dropped some cow bells to the bottom and pulled in 14 lakers and one 1 steelhead the lakers all swim to see another day had a few at the 15 lb range what a great day out there today and yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 2

I fished the catt on the 24 th in 80 to 90 foot of water with sticks and spoons got a 4 man limit by 10:30 in the morning.Went to the same area today with the same program with just 2 off us had our limit by 8:15.We pulled in the walleye gear and dropped some cow bells to the bottom and pulled in 14 lakers and one 1 steelhead the lakers all swim to see another day had a few at the 15 lb range what a great day out there today and yesterday.

How deep were the lakers?

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Lake Erie United Mobile App

What spoons for you prefer? Thanks.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Fished the 25th off the Catt. Started out at 3:30 pm, wind was out of the SE. Dropped 1st rigger to 50' in 63 fow, started setting up 2nd rigger and noticed 1st released within a minute. Pretty slow until we got to 78 fow. Picked up a few more on dipsys 2 setting 125' back. Trolled out to 83, turned around to troll into the wind, had a rough time, at least 2' waves, hard to maintain constant speed in a 18' boat. Pulled up everything and powered back to 62 fow. Turned around and trolled with the waves pretty much on same line, this time got busy between 64-68 fow. Had a 2 man limit by 6:30pm. All fish caught on harnesses, chartreuse, purple, orange, yellow variations. All fish 18-22". Great afternoon on the water, home in time to watch the sunset. 

• Like 2

Just my Luck.... the spoon in your pic on the top, left was our "Hero" spoon for 5 days when we fished the central basin over the 4th of July. That was before all the fish showed up in NY waters. we couldn't keep fish off this lure. It's always a good walleye fishing trip when I have electrical tape wrapped on at least one finger...LOL

Hero spoon.jpg

NIce day out of the Catt ....... fished solo, and took a quick limit of walleyes. Fished 68 - 80 fow, and there were more marks in 68 than 80..... riggers at 65, and divers out 210 with harnesses were the best.  1.5 - 1.7 on the depth raider. Pink harness and watermellon/copper back seemed to produce the most fish...... but to be honest I hardly changed any baits today.  

• Like 3

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics