Cattaragus

14 hours ago, mysliwiec440 said:

Same thats super nice of you. I have a old Boat, 1986 with 2.5 4 cyl and I have a 9.9 kicker just because, plus Tow Boat, I suck at fishing, but I would never leave a person to the mercy of that lake. I agree I only go out on good days too, I may be scared like that but one rough day is all you need and you never forget how messed up it can be.

I hear ya there.... if you fish the big lake long enough, you will have a day where you Nads are sucked up high inside and if yer not one of those God fearing folks...trust me you will say a prayer in hopes of standing on shore again!

am real surprised that all the boats out there for the vet fishing days that noboby didn't stop to help this guy out must every man for them seft  great job Steve   :emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes: what do say never leave a man down 

Edited by yellowpike

All that being said. I feel that the guys on the lake will always help a fellow boater. I know I will. We fished today. Saw no boaters in distress. Hot bite was in 70 to 72. Slightly west. All fish on bottom. Nothing on the 5 or 4 color. But 2 on the 7. Deep dispseys and riggers took all the fish. Harnesses produced better than stick baits.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 2

All that being said. I feel that the guys on the lake will always help a fellow boater. I know I will. We fished today. Saw no boaters in distress. Hot bite was in 70 to 72. Slightly west. All fish on bottom. Nothing on the 5 or 4 color. But 2 on the 7. Deep dispseys and riggers took all the fish. Harnesses produced better than stick baits.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Thanks for making a report. I am going Saturday morning.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Wanted to go out tomorrow as well, saw the wind picking up tonight and 2ft means 4ft usually. My boat can take it, my fishing partner (wife) can't. (She just called me an A hole.) Sunday looks good now, but yesterday Fri looked good. Changes quick.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Lake Erie United Mobile App

One foot or less on the windy app and on the NOAA zone forecast.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

My NOAA site says 2 feet or less Saturday so that means 4 footers. But we're going to try it.

Buffalo to Ripley nearshore forecast. Nws.noaa.com

Aug 23 2019 .TODAY...North winds 5 to 10 knots. Mostly sunny. Waves 2 feet or less. .TONIGHT...North winds 5 to 15 knots becoming northeast. Mainly clear. Waves 1 to 3 feet. .SATURDAY...Northeast winds 5 to 15 knots. Mostly sunny. Waves 2 feet or less. .SATURDAY NIGHT...Northeast winds 5 to 15 knots becoming southeast. Mainly clear. Waves 2 feet or less. .SUNDAY...Southeast winds 5 to 15 knots. Mainly clear, then becoming partly cloudy. Waves 1 foot or less. .MONDAY...Southeast winds 5 to 15 knots becoming south. A chance of showers and thunderstorms Monday night. Waves 2 feet or less. .TUESDAY...South winds 5 to 15 knots becoming southwest. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 2 feet or less.

One foot or less on the windy app and on the NOAA zone forecast.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

We chugged 12 mph out of the catt to 80 fow. Was bumpy for sure but fishable..had 2 foot rollers occasional 3 but it wasn't capping when we were there ..my boat is only a 18 ft closed bow but I didn't think it was bad at all..took longer to chug out to the fish than some days ..quite a few boats out there when we headed in ..going back Sunday if it is decent out

• Like 1

Saturday August 24 2019. caught 12 walleyes. Started at 0630 in 60 FOW Trolling north. Got 7 lb walleye on a dipsey as we were letting it out, with 100 feet of line out. Kept trolling north out to 78 fow. Picked up a few here and there. Best screen for us was 60 to 65 FOW. Saw most walleye suspended between 55 and 60. Caught some on divers, some on 7 color leadcore, some on 8 color, a couple on downrigger on the bottom. 10 color leadcore didn't produce to my surprise. Used bomber long As, jointed rapala, spoons, and one eye-fish harness. A little rough, but fishable. Leadcore didn't work as well as usual, accounting for about half. Straight out seemed best. We went towards Dunkirk and saw fewer fish. They were scattered around today. Some guys reported good luck on 80 FOW.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics