Cattaragus

I try not to fish weekends too. We got to the Hanover launch this past Saturday at 6:15 and had only a couple boats in front of us.  There wasn’t much of a wait.  I noticed after we put in, no one else was there for a good ten minutes.

Fished the Catt today, limited out in about two and a half hours (3 people). Mix of harnesses and sticks. 55’ and 60’ riggers did well with a Clown Renosky and an orange copper harness. Cores in 5–6-7-8-9 all took fish. Half with harnesses and half with sticks. Fished 80 to 90 fow a few miles west. Everybody cleaning did the same.

Crazy sight when we left the creek, boat beached on rocks. I hope nobody was hurt or killed. Terrible sight, I heard it happened last night at 2:30 AM but that was not from an official source.
IMG_1103.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

16 hours ago, Totally Hooked said:

Fished the Catt today, limited out in about two and a half hours (3 people). Mix of harnesses and sticks. 55’ and 60’ riggers did well with a Clown Renosky and an orange copper harness. Cores in 5–6-7-8-9 all took fish. Half with harnesses and half with sticks. Fished 80 to 90 fow a few miles west. Everybody cleaning did the same.

Crazy sight when we left the creek, boat beached on rocks. I hope nobody was hurt or killed. Terrible sight, I heard it happened last night at 2:30 AM but that was not from an official source.
IMG_1103.JPG

is there a fish cleaning station at the Catt? I know there are 2 launches there. We have always used the launch closest to the lake, but have never noticed a fish cleaning station

Cool..thanks..you guys like that station? Should you have your own extension cord for electric knife? And cutting board? I remember using the one at SBH last year and was glad we just happened to have an extension cord w us

Yes, launch from Hanover just up the creek.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Cool..thanks..you guys like that station? Should you have your own extension cord for electric knife? And cutting board? I remember using the one at SBH last year and was glad we just happened to have an extension cord w us

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

I really do. It’s just a short ride up the creek to get to lake. There is a bathroom that’s open at 5:30 AM most days (I fish with my wife a lot and she likes that part). The cleaning station is included in the price of the launch. You do need to bring your own stuff like bags, knives, etc. Plugs are handy for electric knives. It’s great.

Fished off the Catt today, got a 2 man limit in 3 hours. Not as many fish showed on the graph as it did just a week ago, but the bite was hot. Riggers between 50-60' with watermelon and chartreuse harnesses worked best, dipsys on 2 setting at 125' with Renoskys (especially rainbow color tipped with 1/2" worm) was on fire. Trolled between 70-80 fow. Did not see many fish on the bottom. Lots of boats fishing off the area, surprised that there's not more reports here.

Was out there today...same area, depth. Running 6 color lead and harnesses. Had 6 in an hour but on that 6th the wife put hook into her thumb..in through the top nail partly out on the fleshy side. She was to chicken to let me remove it...so went to ER and they did same thing I would have done. But I didn't have a tetanus shot available..;) ER doc did comment that my snell knot was superb.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 2

We fished off the Catt Saturday morning on 8/17/19 and were quite a ways out (80-90 fow). There were a few others out even further, until the storm approached. The guys way out (closest to the approaching storm) started hauling ass in. The bite was turning on for us, but decided to pick up FAST once I saw the first bolt of lightning, quite a ways off. Everyone else, even on the inside wisely started racing in too. About 3 miles off the Catt we picked up some stranded fishermen. We towed them right to the dock. Just a little food for thought.... now trust me when I tell you, that these guys were extremely grateful when I pulled up alongside of them, as they said 30 boats flew right by them w/o stopping. Was 30 boats a bit of an exaggeration? Maybe. But we were probably their "last chance" too. I will leave this for all to ponder. "What if that was you, broke down with an impending thunderstorm fast approaching?" I bought this boat brand new 4 years ago and think this was my 5th tow on Lake Erie. 329428369_StrandedofftheCatt.thumb.jpg.bd6c6ebefedceefec7c2c25ece5a5d9c.jpg

• Like 2

Same thats super nice of you. I have a old Boat, 1986 with 2.5 4 cyl and I have a 9.9 kicker just because, plus Tow Boat, I suck at fishing, but I would never leave a person to the mercy of that lake. I agree I only go out on good days too, I may be scared like that but one rough day is all you need and you never forget how messed up it can be.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics