Cattaragus

Bottom bouncers will keep your leader line away from your main line to the rod because the drift speed or trolling speed keeps the harness or stick out straight behind the weight. Just be sure to let out the line from your reel in a controlled drop. Dropping too fast could cause your harness to spiral around your main line. Most bouncers have a wire leg that keeps the leader several inches away from the main line as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• 9 months later...

2 man limit off the Catt, 56' of water. Threw back 5 shorts. All fish between 18-23". Riggers on the the bottom with harnesses. Dipsys on 2 setting 80' with sticks. Bottom 20' loaded with fish. A lot of boats were out deeper, maybe a half dozen fishing this area.IMG_1026.thumb.jpeg.7d22c7eda26c02330195109b2a356af3.jpeg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Wife and I out this AM from 7:30 - 10:30, boxed 10 nice ones and tossed 4 back. Also 5 nice perch and a huge smallie who dragged 7 color of lead to the surface to leap three times..lol. Harnesses only, 7 color lead in 60-65 ft, trolling 1.2 - 1.5. Lake was bumpy at first but eventually laid right down. Fun morning. We went staight out and fished east.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Fished 11:30-4pm. Noaa & the app windy were so wrong. When we got to the marina, boats were coming in saying the lake is too rough 3-4' waves. My 18' boat has enough trouble in 2' waves, but we decided to check it out. The lake was rough, but the waves were not quite 3 footers. It took a long time to find fish & it was a slow ride all the way. It was a NE wind as we found some good marks off Evangola State Park in 72' of water.  As soon as we got there, the lake started to lay down and the waves got smaller as the day wore on. We got a 2 man limit. Riggers on the bottom with gold harnesses were hot, most other colors didn't product. Dipsys on 2 setting 145-150' back with sticks, Renoskys & Reef Runner 800. We saw only 2 other boats on the lake.

To be honest with ya, the fish are everywhere! Doesn’t matter where ya go from Dunkirk where I am, to buffalo, just stay in from 55 ft to 70 ft , you’ll catch fish! As long as you have the right gear of course, we’re running 5 color on the big boards with Reynoski sticks, working awesome, along with our dipseys on 2 setting at least 100ft back , and the riggers. Really haven’t had the need to rub the meat yet

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Well yesterday was our shake down run on the New to us boat. We used all sticks because we forgot the worms. Today was another great day for us. Only fished 1.5 hours but managed 12 fish. All sticks again because we remembered the worms when we left but they cooked real nice in the truck while we fished. All colors seemed equal. Riggers worked today. 56 to 60 ft was the best. Seemed like a little faster was the ticket. 2 to 2.2 all eaters biggest was about 25 inches.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 2

Thanks for the report. We're going Sunday. Last time we were out 2 weeks ago we had better luck in about 85 feet. We'll try 55 to start this time.

Well yesterday was our shake down run on the New to us boat. We used all sticks because we forgot the worms. Today was another great day for us. Only fished 1.5 hours but managed 12 fish. All sticks again because we remembered the worms when we left but they cooked real nice in the truck while we fished. All colors seemed equal. Riggers worked today. 56 to 60 ft was the best. Seemed like a little faster was the ticket. 2 to 2.2 all eaters biggest was about 25 inches.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Out this morning, got a quick limit 17-19" in 2 hours. Gold and orange harness inn seven color was best then dipsy roughly 40' down with black and gold harness and one on rigger with blue chatterstick. 50-55 fow, should have been done sooner but got a couple smalls and dropped a couple at the boat. Out of Catt.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Just got done. August 4. Fished from 0630 to 1130. Only caught 8. I went East a bit from the jetty. In 55 FOW the water temp 63 degrees 45 feet down. 75 degree surface. Nice thermocline. But this only in small area. Once we moved out of there the temp break was only a couple degrees. Walleyes were marked there, but no bites. We went deeper and caught fish from 63 to 70. Used stick baits mostly. Leadcore 5, 7, 8, and 10 color. Dipseys, and riggers.

Just got done. August 4. Fished from 0630 to 1130. Only caught 8. I went East a bit from the jetty. In 55 FOW the water temp 63 degrees 45 feet down. 75 degree surface. Nice thermocline. But this only in small area. Once we moved out of there the temp break was only a couple degrees. Walleyes were marked there, but no bites. We went deeper and caught fish from 63 to 70. Used stick baits mostly. Leadcore 5, 7, 8, and 10 color. Dipseys, and riggers.

Go west, Dunkirk , Barcelona , got over 100 walleye the past 3 days for con club derby, but only 2 worth anything during the tournament. Either way got lots of 3 -4 pounders and threw em all back, was insane busy fishing , had 21 by 9 o clock this morning (August 4th)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, a7i3nw0rksh0p said:

Go west, Dunkirk , Barcelona , got over 100 walleye the past 3 days for con club derby, but only 2 worth anything during the tournament. Either way got lots of 3 -4 pounders and threw em all back, was insane busy fishing , had 21 by 9 o clock this morning (August 4th)

what depth were you finding most of the fish outta Dunkirk & Barcelona?

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics