When's your first shake down going to take place.

pap

Mine was going to be this weekend, but I doubt that's going to happen unless a miracle happens, this lower shift cable is kicking my A$$ big time. I think I have in conquered, if so kick off will be this weekend. I hope. Whenare you guys planning the get the bottom wet??

Problem child, does your primer bulb when you squeeze it get hard. I've had those primer bulbs go bad. They wouldn't keep the pressure up, they wouldn't get hard they wouldn't pump up and get hard you could squeeze them all day and they just wouldn't pump up hard, just a thought, before you go buying a tank and have the same issues? PAP :emoticon-0121-angry:

I'm shook out and ready to roll Mike ... called everyone I know to go to Erie for perch forecast is one foot or less all weekend and not one taker !!! I wish someone would call me and say hay man lets go to Erie for perch i'll drive .. you would think I asked them to go to the moon OH THATS TO FAR THEY SAY :emoticon-0183-swear:  one clown said call me the next time yeah ok this was your shot buddy ... wow thought I was over it (guess not) sorry pap your post struck a nerve I wasn't angry until I started this reply now i'm ready to kick the cat.. LOL  good luck with that cable

Ive got 1 more day to work and Im basically off till after the opener. Now I can get the last phase of my boat projects done, Tracy's new patio, and our place at the lake opened. When will I be on the water...no idea but as soon as possible!

Paul,

Id go in a heartbeat if my boat was done....no playing for me till my boat is in the water. I snuck out yesterday for a brown trout and got a quick fix...wish trout tasted like walleye!

3 hours ago, justtracytrolling said:

Ive got 1 more day to work and Im basically off till after the opener. Now I can get the last phase of my boat projects done, Tracy's new patio, and our place at the lake opened. When will I be on the water...no idea but as soon as possible!

Paul,

Id go in a heartbeat if my boat was done....no playing for me till my boat is in the water. I snuck out yesterday for a brown trout and got a quick fix...wish trout tasted like walleye!

Justin I was going to shoot you a text but didn't think you would want to go for perch !! Your high on the list for walleye its not often you get a forecast like this one

Well I thought it was going to be this weekend, but that's not going to happen, I got the lower shift cable through the transom and as strait as possible  and I cannot turn the cable to get it started in the threads of the housing, I don't know how hard to pull on the ratchet? I don't want to ruin a $80 cable. I admit defeat, and called Henry at Beltzville Marine, he told me Monday!! I was happy with that. What's 3 more days!! Will report next week, there're saying in the 70's this week, looks like I'll mis the browns, but I'll be on deck for the opener of eye season.

15 minutes ago, DJ 717 said:

Was in the water a few weeks ago as well, but plan to hit it hard both days this weekend!

DJ this weekend I hope is the official kick off for the 2016 season!!! It's supposed to hit 70* here in  PA. What's the forecast for LakeO region? or the Lake Erie areas on the eastern basin. 

Fished both days and the weather was gorgeous.  Took my twin 4 yr olds and my dad out sunday.  It was the kids first perch trip and they lit it up! caught all their own fish and caught a bunch of them.  For 2 hours I just put on minnows and took off perch.  The fish were small but they didn't care. Daniel caught 2 pickerel and he was crazy excited about it.  They each caught more fish than my dad!  We had a blast.

That's awesome DJ, to have the kids and your dad also, that had to be a great time and the fish is an added bonus for sure!! I can't wait to get my twins out there, they are 11 now and can do for themselves which is great, I can't wait till they get into a bigger fish which gives them a run for there money!! Till next time tight lines to all. Pap.

Hey Pap, no real shake down here, my boats ready 24/7, I fish all year long .Nice thing about having an outboard

on an 18' semi V jon boat. Worst case is a month between trips due to work or stupid ice(stupid ice is not safe enough to ice fish on, and to much of a pain when I break it up with the boat ).

I also have a serious condition,its called "next", when a season is out or the bites not hot on a particular species ,

I move on to the "next" species.  Theres always something.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics