Went solo this morning out of Barcelona. Started shallow..like 25-35. Hooked bottom twice and went deeper. Found some action in the mid 50's running 30-40ft down. No monsters but good eaters. 3-5pounders. Back at it tomorrow. Caught on riggers and 6 color. 

Edited by Johnny2guns
Added location

Fished Barcelona Friday afternoon, and Saturday morning. A little early for the walleye bite but had to test out the new boat, and fine tune things. Caught 4 good keepers. All came off of eyefish worm harnesses, 30fow hugging the bottom on downriggers. Did not mark a lot. Fishing will be good in a couple of weeks. Good to just be out. Tight lines, and good luck.KIMG0229.JPGKIMG0226.JPGKIMG0220.JPGKIMG0222.JPG

Sent from my E6810 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Walleye fishing during the day time during mid to late May. Caught a bunch yesterday. 2 color of lead over 30 ft. Had a quad with six rods going at once. Use light leads and segmented cores to fish close to bottom. Deep diving sticks work but get out fished by the segmented cores. If any old timers tell you the water to cold just nod your head.  Lol. 

The reason people struggle to catch them during the day is there approach.  The water temp only depends on were the fish are positioned  fairly soon these fish will scatter on the from 20ft to 80ft   

697726F4-8686-41D0-8751-1C8388492398.jpeg

Light lead means 8 lb test fluorocarbon leader. Mine are 25 ft long. Segemented core is what you have. I’m running two colors of lead core with a 8 lb test leader with mono backing. I think a lot of people prefer using worms because they can get away with heavier line at slower speeds. Later in the year we run spoons of riggers with light leads. 

• Like 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics