We don’t use many worms but I can tell you fishing is going to be good. Water temp was 60 on top out of Dunkirk Sunday and 53 degree down 50 over 60 ft. Fish all spread throughout the water column and it’s been good. The days of waiting for the water to warm are over. Educated Walleye anglers can catch day time eyes all along the west and central and eastern basin. It’s a stigma that has been created that is completely absolutely false on the eastern end. Spread out a segmented core presentation with some good baits and start catching. One tip buy good flouro carbon not to heavy and small swivels. I don’t know how many times I have talked to Walleye guys coming in and the have a huge swivel attached to 25 lb test leader then there bait. Reduces there catch drastically 

• Like 3

I think worms are a go to bait because they are extremely speed tolerant. People have the down current and wave direction mixed up in a sense. I have found after a west blow which is most of the summer you’ll find trolling into the waves to West the down current is coming from the east especially on the east end. 

I became a better Walleye fishermen trying to learn how to catch Lake Ontario Salmon and Browns.  Water temp and speed up there rule when it comes to salmon. Browns in semi clear water require a stealth approach that is unmatched. Applying that to eye fishing on Erie has increased our catch. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RD9 said:

I became a better Walleye fishermen trying to learn how to catch Lake Ontario Salmon and Browns.  Water temp and speed up there rule when it comes to salmon. Browns in semi clear water require a stealth approach that is unmatched. Applying that to eye fishing on Erie has increased our catch. 

Interesting. I also think experience with walleye fishing helps when fishing Ontario. This is our 2nd year brown trout fishing, can't remember how many years we've been walleye fishing. Had some very successful days with the browns for a couple "newbies"  The similarities are endless !!!  Heading to Erie next week, hope the catching success rate continues lol !!

• Like 4

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics