Walleye Buffalo Small Boat Harbor- 2018 Reports

• garrymny changed the title to Buffalo Small Boat Harbor- 2018 Reports

5/25/2018. Fished from 0900 to Noon.  One sheephead, one silver bass. Only saw two fish on my screen.  Went from windmills and south, searched at 5 mph for one solid hour looking for fish on my screen. Nothing, no fish, no bait. Tried from 7 feet of water out to 35 FOW.  Finally just put out the 7 color core,  and a couple bottom bouncers with crawler harnesses. So where in the hell do all the Walleyes go? Had fantastic fishing out of Catt in July last year,  and my screen was solid fish for 5 hours. Do I have to go way down there to catch walleyes? I thought I would try SBH because it is so much closer for me, but I must say I have never had any luck out of SBH.  Kind of wondering what the deal is. Very few people posting any reports too, which does not help. I encourage everyone to help each other by posting a report, even if you don't catch. Lots of boats out there, saw only one fish caught in another boat, a smb. Thank You.

The fish you caught in July were the western basin school. You are fishing local populations in May. The nite bite has been stellar this year. We don’t day fish walleye until after Memorial Day. In the past years June means fishing the fence off Buffalo

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

Fished off the windmills both sunday and monday morning, seems like the bite doesnt start till 10am the shuts down at noon. Got 4 both days and a couple nice perch, atleast 15 gobies yesterday. Going to try the afternoon today. Just been bottom bouncing harnesses. Might try running boards today. So far every fish we have got i havent marked yet. Will update tonight

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics