Walleye Buffalo Small Boat Harbor- 2018 Reports

Does anyone fish these deep walleyes with these Shiver Minnow or Jigging Raps in this area? Seems like the should work here but don't hear about anybody using them. They sure look like they work well when Keith Kavajecz is using them on You Tube.

Been fishing the last two days, middle gap bouncers and boards 38ft. 2 man Limit 2 hours 15 mins yesterday. Fished 4 hours today kept 15. There out there, doubled or tripled every fish. IMG_2693.thumb.jpg.5fda253a7e00c741f09f1a4aae694540.jpgSnapchat-1636611197.thumb.jpg.c26b00fc579e2a93d4950a3380adabd3.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Nice report! We'll be at it in the morning. Good luck guys.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Got to the ramp on the 4th at 0600 hours, backed the boat in, and found my winch handle WAS MISSING! What a bummer. Had to go to Cabelas and buy a new winch. So no fishing for me on the 4th. Now I have the handle chained to the trailer with a padlock. Don't know if it was stolen or fell off.  There must have been 30 trailers at least there already at 0600. would have been a zoo anyways. I will try again tomorrow.

I was one of the guys there. I arrived at 5:00 expecting the worse but no problems.  In fact, I think there were less boats there than last Friday.  There are plenty of fish, but nothing of any size.  I hope the western basin fish migration gets closer for me to get offshore soon. 

Don't feel bad, we got to sp at 5:00 am,launched the boat and headed out and something didn't feel right,it seemed like there was more room on the boat than normal. Turned out my son assumed I brought the tackle box and I thought he did! Turned around and went home 

• Like 2

I was one of the guys there. I arrived at 5:00 expecting the worse but no problems.  In fact, I think there were less boats there than last Friday.  There are plenty of fish, but nothing of any size.  I hope the western basin fish migration gets closer for me to get offshore soon. 
I guess it's still early. From the catt Creek last year in September it was loaded with Walleye. Seems this year so far is hit and Miss.

Sent from my XT1030 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Don't feel bad, we got to sp at 5:00 am,launched the boat and headed out and something didn't feel right,it seemed like there was more room on the boat than normal. Turned out my son assumed I brought the tackle box and I thought he did! Turned around and went home 

That's why I keep everything in the boat always. Only thing I load in morning is ice!

Sent from my XT1030 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

7 hours ago, jimski2 said:

Off of Point Breeze yesterday we picked up four walleye in two hours. The screen was full of fish at 59 foot of water where all the fish were caught. Nothing at 60 foot or deeper.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

thanks Jimski, guess I will make the 1 hour run to launch at CATT creek saturday.

• Like 1

Fished Waverly on Monday.  There was a decent amount of bait and suspended fish.  I primarily bottom bounce but kept marking bait and suspended fish so I took one bouncer off and used an inline trolling sinker  directly behind the boat and started catching fish.  No boards, jets, or dispsys.  I venture someone with the right gear could of done much better.

Fished Waverly on Monday.  There was a decent amount of bait and suspended fish.  I primarily bottom bounce but kept marking bait and suspended fish so I took one bouncer off and used an inline trolling sinker  directly behind the boat and started catching fish.  No boards, jets, or dispsys.  I venture someone with the right gear could of done much better.
Going out on Friday. Going to use cranks exclusively around the windmills Seneca Shoal etc. Might try a couple of stingers off the riggers and reef runners off boards. First time out (fishing Erie). Not sure how slow my 19 ft. IO will troll. I will report back in the evening with pics if I get anything.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Had a good morning out of SBH.  3&5 Color on sticks.  12 Keepers by 11:30.  Out towards the line.  But really marked allot of bait and bigger marks spread over a large area out there.  One puked up a nice little perch in the live well.  

• Like 2

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics