Walleye Buffalo Small Boat Harbor- 2018 Reports

1 hour ago, Triumphchaos83 said:

What number on dipsy and about how far back

I always fish wire divers set on 2.5 or 3. Then let them out slowley until they hit the bottom, and reel them back in 10 feet if fish are on the bottom. If you are marking fish up off the bottom, reel them in a littlel more.  They run deeper or shallower depending on speed and current, so distance out isn't the same unless the situation is identical, and it rarely is from day to day. Don't be afraid to make your leader from the diver to the lure longer, rather than shorter....... we often handline the fish to the net. With fish on the small side, it's not difficult. 

• Like 1

In case somebody out there hasn't heard...a guy shattered state record walleye this May up in the St. Lawrence River 18 lbs. 2 oz. He was using a Trigger X soft plastic paddletail. Apparently it wasn't one of those fluke catches. He was targeting walleyes and had caught a limit that morning. If you zoom in you can see Thousand Island bridge in the background

Look at the belly must have been still filled with eggs.

walleye.jpg

Thanks for keeping this page alive guys!  My father in law who is my fishing buddy all summer, just arrive from Texas. We will be working on getting some walleyes now! I have mostly been solo fishing for salmon on LO. 

• Like 1

Went out yesterday morning by windmills, 3 in cooler, lost a few,did awesome with silver bass and sheephead!

Started out with worm harnesses, then switched to sticks, 5,7 lead and dipseys, did better Friday with the same program 

1 hour ago, lvo said:

Went out yesterday morning by windmills, 3 in cooler, lost a few,did awesome with silver bass and sheephead!

Started out with worm harnesses, then switched to sticks, 5,7 lead and dipseys, did better Friday with the same program 

If you are catching lots of sheephead try picking your speed up a bit.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics