Walleye Buffalo Small Boat Harbor- 2018 Reports

They were shocking up muskies for their acoustic telemetry program Check out this website for more info:

https://glatos.glos.us/

They have gathered a lot of info fro the walleye they have implanted. If you'd like to learn more about the program check out this event. Will be very informative:

DEC Announces Angler Outreach Event on Wednesday, June 20

Biologists to Provide Update on Status of Lake Erie and Niagara River Fisheries

New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) today announced a meeting to update the public about the status of the Lake Erie and Upper Niagara River Fisheries on June 20, 2018.

"This annual event provides an excellent opportunity for anglers to interact with the biologists who study and manage Lake Erie and Niagara River fisheries," said DEC Regional Director Abby Snyder. "Among this year's updates biologists will share exciting new findings from studies exploring movement patterns of walleye, lake trout, and lake sturgeon."

The meeting will take place at Woodlawn Beach State Park's Lodge on Wednesday, June 20, from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m., and will begin with an informal discussion and poster exhibits. The meeting will be followed by a series of presentations on Lake Erie and the Upper Niagara River fisheries topics, including an opportunity for angler input on a variety fisheries management activities. The meeting will conclude with questions and an open discussion.

Key members of Lake Erie and Niagara River's fisheries management and research community will present on Lake Erie fisheries research, management and assessment activities. This seminar is sponsored by DEC's Lake Erie Fisheries Unit and Region 9 Fisheries offices. Anyone interested is welcome to attend this free event and registration is not required.

The Lake Erie and the upper Niagara River rank among New York State's top fishing destinations, especially for walleye, smallmouth bass, and steelhead. The 2007 statewide angler survey estimated more than 800,000 angler days spent on these waters and the estimated value of these fisheries exceeded $22 million to the local New York economy.

For further information contact Don Einhouse, Lake Erie Unit Leader, (716) 366-0228.

Edited by Locoman

40 minutes ago, Locoman said:

They were shocking up muskies for their acoustic telemetry program Check out this website for more info:

https://glatos.glos.us/

They have gathered a lot of info fro the walleye they have implanted. If you'd like to learn more about the program check out this event. Will very informative:

DEC Announces Angler Outreach Event on Wednesday, June 20

Biologists to Provide Update on Status of Lake Erie and Niagara River Fisheries

New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) today announced a meeting to update the public about the status of the Lake Erie and Upper Niagara River Fisheries on June 20, 2018.

"This annual event provides an excellent opportunity for anglers to interact with the biologists who study and manage Lake Erie and Niagara River fisheries," said DEC Regional Director Abby Snyder. "Among this year's updates biologists will share exciting new findings from studies exploring movement patterns of walleye, lake trout, and lake sturgeon."

The meeting will take place at Woodlawn Beach State Park's Lodge on Wednesday, June 20, from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m., and will begin with an informal discussion and poster exhibits. The meeting will be followed by a series of presentations on Lake Erie and the Upper Niagara River fisheries topics, including an opportunity for angler input on a variety fisheries management activities. The meeting will conclude with questions and an open discussion.

Key members of Lake Erie and Niagara River's fisheries management and research community will present on Lake Erie fisheries research, management and assessment activities. This seminar is sponsored by DEC's Lake Erie Fisheries Unit and Region 9 Fisheries offices. Anyone interested is welcome to attend this free event and registration is not required.

The Lake Erie and the upper Niagara River rank among New York State's top fishing destinations, especially for walleye, smallmouth bass, and steelhead. The 2007 statewide angler survey estimated more than 800,000 angler days spent on these waters and the estimated value of these fisheries exceeded $22 million to the local New York economy.

For further information contact Don Einhouse, Lake Erie Unit Leader, (716) 366-0228.

also heard they were seeing a lot of sturgeon when they did the shock

Interesting reading. Good to see the DEC using our license dollars to help improve our fishing.

Like I said in my earlier post I'm new to fishing Lake Erie. I would like to take my sons out to catch some smallmouths on Father's Day. Any suggests on where to start and what to use? I will be launching at SBH

The south gap by the lighthouse or Seneca shoal are both good starting points. You can't go wrong with a three way swivel, eight inches of line to a sinker, twelve to eighteen inches of line to a #6 hook, and a good supply of crabs. You'll tear'em up. Good luck.

12 hours ago, Gobbler said:

Interesting reading. Good to see the DEC using our license dollars to help improve our fishing.

Like I said in my earlier post I'm new to fishing Lake Erie. I would like to take my sons out to catch some smallmouths on Father's Day. Any suggests on where to start and what to use? I will be launching at SBH

go try by smokes creek in 20-25 fow find the humps there is some nice smallies around there I drop shot with crabs or tubes

jeff

2 hours ago, Riggered said:

Huge day out of buffalo today. Could have had a 12 fish limit in the box by 730 but we were releaseing today just out for fun with dad. Put well over 30 in the boat, awesome morning!

where did you fished i fished south gap to the Seneca bouy and back 38-45fow i got one and a lot orf short hits

jeff

33 minutes ago, Turks said:

Going out tomorrow, debating on Ontario or Erie did you have luck trolling or were you bottom bouncing?

1.4 mph 7oz bottom bouncers up front with 4 oz off the back. Opted away from riggers after setting them and reading the graph 

48 minutes ago, Riggered said:

1.4 mph 7oz bottom bouncers up front with 4 oz off the back. Opted away from riggers after setting them and reading the graph 

Thanks, I had heard that was being more productive, think I'm gonna scratch the salmon itch tomorrow

• Like 1

I was in the same boat about erie/ontario today.  Launched off olcott this aft.   Three Salmon.  One skip, two about 8lbs.  One decent steelhead while letting line out for downrigger.   125-225.   Didn't see allot on the graph.  Put down right in front and trolled west.

Decent aftn out behind the windmills. Bottom bouncing 46ft.  Finally marked a decent amount of fish.   A few guys got into it about fishing close.   Man, allot of water and allot of fish out there.   No need to crowd each other.  It's only a fish.  Supposed to be relaxing!

• Like 2

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics