Walleye Buffalo Small Boat Harbor- 2018 Reports

http://www.boatus.com/membership/  for 72 dollars a year why would'nt you get this to not have to rely on others? I've been in a broken down boat waving for help while people look and just keep going
Beat me to it! I always have towing and luckily have never needed it. $72 is a small price to pay especially if nobody is around. That being said, I will still always help another boater.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

I will always help another boater if I can safely, but I’m in a 12 ft with a 3.5 hp, I will still roll up and offer assistance of a phone call if I can. What gets me is the guy that just bought a boat that’s been garaged since  2010 that they just got running and took it out to the main basin and their water pump destructs. You gotta have a big respect for Lake Erie and your equipment reguardlesd the size of your vessel. 

Well it was out first time out, and had to work out all the bugs.  Everything started off great, boat ran well, the equipment was in perfect order, and so on,  To the fishing, we had an OK day off the windmills in 36 - 42 FOW , boating 7 walleye, 3 keepers 18- 24 in and 4 throw backs.  The best color for us was a watermelon colorado blade run off the downrigger  anywhere from 37 - 40 ft down.  It was just nice to get out, bugs were horrible.  Good to all this year.

• Like 1

My previous post was not intended towards anyone particular, just a general scenario I’ve came across before that was shocking to me. Glad to hear you guys are getting them in the daytime, friend of mine was on Evans bar last night he caught 4, also said sturgeon point raised their launch fees to 10 bucks :emoticon-0104-surprised:

Long day out. Boated five all were19-23. Not much going on out there but plenty of traffic. Fished in front of the wind mills 38fow. Good luck to the rest.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

I went out of Sturgeon today boated two, dropped two and had the standard by catch. Spent most of the day in 48fow-56fow, not marking much. Shadow Raps took all our fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

I went off the windmills Sat June 9 from 3 to 5 PM. Only got one walleye. I trolled in 38 to 25 FOW. I used bottom bouncer, lead core, and dipsey diver, all with crawler harnesses. For me it has been a slow year so far both for walleye on erie, and salmon on Ontario. I see most posting are reporting the same, except for a few who say they limit out quickly. I think if you can find them you can do well, but theres a lot of water to cover. COTTONWOOD was terrible! Worse than the fleas on Ontario. I worry about them clogging up my motors.

Fished the windmills yesterday and didn't mark nearly as many fish as last week.  There has been an east wind for a few days but regardless I usually only see the fish heavy in here for about a week each year in the beginning of June.   I did locate some fish off of Seneca but no great numbers.  Fish could be in transition.

''

Fished the windmill grid 9am - 2pm. 1 walleye and 1 coho.. Walleye was caught on a clown x-rap, coho on a Michigan Stinger blue bubble spoon. Did not mark much. Fished 38 feet to 45 feet. Three buddies each in their own boat caught one walleye each and reported the same, not marking much. All are very experienced at catching walleye. East wind I'm sure had much to do with the fish moving. They'll be back and will be willing to bite. Remember, the daytime bite just started. Water temp at 30 feet was 58-60 degrees.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, garrymny said:

Ok, transition to what? Educate me please.

Sent from my XT1030 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Overthelimit said it first.  Most of these fish are males still hanging around the spawning area.  They will start heading out to reefs, like the Rockpiles, Seneca, and Meyers.  Which ever one has the most bait is the key.  If the bait is at the windmills then they will be back.   Also, we're talking about our local stock from the eastern end.  Good Luck!

The DEC has the lake broken down into grids. When doing their creel surveys they ask which area of the lake you were fishing. The windmill grid is the area around the windmills. Each grid is approximately ten square miles.

I noticed the DEC boat electrically shocking fish just to the north of the entrance buoys  to the SBH marina this past Friday. What species could they be looking for in that shallow?

Great Forum you guys have here! I'm new to fishing Lake Erie and the information you guys are generous enough to share here will be a great help.

I appreciate the fact that you are giving up hard earned information that in many cases has taken years on the water to obtain. Thanks

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics