Howdy fellas, my name is John Kelley and I hail from South Dakota.  I have been working an and off in upstate NY since 2012, but have been focusing most of my free time concentrating on Lake Ontario, since I can always catch as many walleyes as I want when I am home.  I decided to go fishing with my good friend Ed Ball and our good mutual friend Dennis Walter on Saturday, though, and check out the spring shallow water night bite on Lake Erie.  We had a pretty good go of it, and returned to the truck at midnight to offload our Saturday limit of 18 nice male walleyes.  We then headed back out to our waypoint after 1:00 a.m., and caught our sunday limit of 18 nice, male walleyes by 5:00 a.m.  We were fishing west of Dunkirk.  Water was very colored with low visibility. All our fish were between 19-26" long, and no females in the group.  All the fish were milting, or still had milt in them, so the spawn looks like it is right about in the middle.  The big females ought to be hungry pretty soon, I am thinking.  The lake was like glass all night, so it was awesome for boat control.  Not a bad first outing for me on Lake Erie, but all I had to do was set lines and reel and net fish all night.  Captain Ed drove us right over all the hungry fish!!  I am not at liberty to say what the magic lure, depth, or waypoint was, because it was not my boat, and I don't want to betray my friends.  Great night of fishing, though.  Hope you enjoy the pics

3 man 2 day limit on Erie.jpg

On Ed Ball's boat on lake erie.jpg

Dennis and Ed with our limit.jpg

Edited by John Kelley
Uploading another pic
  • Like 1

This must be white boat john from oak orchard .. i'll tell you one thing you couldn't have found  2 better guys to go with on erie or lake O  we will be staying next door to Ed for 10 days in 2 weeks and hope to get Dennis out on our boat  great couple guys !! Good to see your still around we talked a couple years ago at captains cove 

r

5 hours ago, shinintimes said:

This must be white boat john from oak orchard .. i'll tell you one thing you couldn't have found  2 better guys to go with on erie or lake O  we will be staying next door to Ed for 10 days in 2 weeks and hope to get Dennis out on our boat  great couple guys !! Good to see your still around we talked a couple years ago at captains cove 

r

Yes sir, that's me.  Ed made Dennis and me reel in all but one of the very last fish!!  We had a blast!  Dennis is retired now, so he will probably be able to go, to! :)

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics