Nobody out....awfully quiet.

I have two downriggers an planer mast. Not sure how deep to go.. first trip will be a learning curve anyway

Sent from my SM-T550 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Find the bait and you’ll find the walleye. Start shallow and work deeper. If you get to 70 fow this time of year go shallow and start the search again.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App
  • Like 1

This time of year the eyes are in shallow day or night.  Troll in 9'-20' FOW at night. Closer to shore works well.  Stick baits on the surface.  during the day they are a little more skittish.  Casting for them as you drift works.  You will catch a ton of bass but that is lots of fun as well.  As the water warms, the eyes go deeper.  Find the bait and you find the fish.  Good luck with the new boat. I hope you catch a ton on it.

• Like 4

This time of year the eyes are in shallow day or night.  Troll in 9'-20' FOW at night. Closer to shore works well.  Stick baits on the surface.  during the day they are a little more skittish.  Casting for them as you drift works.  You will catch a ton of bass but that is lots of fun as well.  As the water warms, the eyes go deeper.  Find the bait and you find the fish.  Good luck with the new boat. I hope you catch a ton on it.

This!

Where were you?... what color?. How fast? Day or night?... what color?.. what time of day? What color pants were you wearing... wearing a hat?... sunglasses? How many people were with you?... did I forget to ask anything? Whew..... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thumbburn said:

Where were you?... what color?. How fast? Day or night?... what color?.. what time of day? What color pants were you wearing... wearing a hat?... sunglasses? How many people were with you?... did I forget to ask anything? Whew..... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

I've been fishing for sixty-seven years, I'm new to fishing Lake Erie, they were legitimate questions.

• Like 2

It's hit or miss at times for info here. The perch guys are definitely more tight lipped, there is generally more info later into the season as many don't want a huge crowd around them which you can't blame them. As early on the fish are stacked up and it can get very crowded and combat fishing is the norm, which I don't really like doing. Generally the info is more depths and lures than exact spots. When there is a tournament going on it will be very quiet.

I think the site is great and have learned a lot off it and thank the people who post honest info. Like other sites there are a few bad apples or just someone having a bad day.

I've been fishing for sixty-seven years, I'm new to fishing Lake Erie, they were legitimate questions.
I think your questions were fine. Most guys would say something like what time they were fishing from, and maybe say they were hitting harnesses or stickbaits or whatever. Not like walleye in lake erie are a secret or limited in dispersal or school up tight like perch. To hell with the guy who had to harass you, most folks on here are glad to offer insight. Some are just idiots....takes all types to make a forum.

Sent from my LGL62VL using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

There are a few in every crowd. I haven’t been out. When I go out I usually post a report. I usually include water depth, the depth I’m fishing, what I’m using, what colors I did the best on, hoe many we caught, and what general area we were fishing. And if some one wants more information than I’m willing to post to the main page I’ll send them a PM with the information they requested.

• Like 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics