Grilled Walleye Marinade

Yea, Muskybob has recipe something like this on LOU, his was good, now if I only had a few fillets of walleyes I'd give this a whirl, just the ingredients alone sound good. I'm writing the recipe down till the first Saturday in May if I get lucky. The kids will like them with that cayenne pepper. They like that hots stuff, I'll have to double the pepper for their fillets.  Thanks for sharing PAP 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

My favorite is

3 T Olive Oil

2 T Soy Sauce

3 T Brown Mustard

2 minced garlic cloves

black pepper to taste

Whisk all together, and reserve some for drizzling over the cooked fish.....  Marinate the fish in the mixture for at least 3 hours then grill turning 1x. Great for Walleye or Salmon.

• 1 year later...

I got one for you boys..... out of the kazillion walleyes I've caught in my life, last year was the first time I ever did bacon wrapped walleye on the grill. it was fabulous...still can't believe it took me that long to try it as I've done bacon wrapped everything else. Well.... my latest creation on my new chargiller smoker/grill a few weeks ago with some fresh Dunkirk eyes was this.... brush with olive oil, sprinkle on some of my "magic fish spice" (any Cajun like spice will do), wrap with bacon (both sides) then a light pecan wood smoke. OMG!!!! easy peasy.... the light smoke was such a nice touch. def will be doing that again soon!

Wow.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

Bacon / Walleye / Water Chestnut appetizers .................

cut the bacon strips into 1/3rds

wrap a walleye chunk and a WC slice with the bacon, and secure the bacon with a toothpick

place a bunch of these little gems into an air fryer (healthy option) at 400 until the bacon looks like you want it to......they are excellent. 

a little garlic powder and or onion powder and black pepper doesn't hurt them....... maybe a little salt too.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics